Monday 16 April 2012

Tom & Me



Who would have thought that day at work I was asked to display Merchandise for Harry Potter at the store I was working.

                "Who and what  is Harry Potter  about" I asked a colleague


I had heard about the books and that they were a popular children's book. It never occurred to me to take a look  so curious I took a look . Hm I think this looks Good

 I bought the first video then the books. I  was hooked. I will admit that Ron caught my eye first but Hey who is that blonde horrible kid..

I never dreamed then what an impact Harry Potter was going to have on my life .

Little did I know I would get to know many of the cast both old and young,

Most of all I have made a special friend and its all thanks to Tom. If I had not set up my support Facebook  for Tom we would have never met so I have got a lot to thank  J.K.Rowling for I am so grateful to her in many ways.

I get a thrill of sharing my experiences with my friends and fans and frustratration too at times I am  just a fan who has been lucky enough to be known to them some because of Twitters.
and get asked

          "Hey are you Tina  I've spoken to you on twitters " - Chris Rankin




That was our first meet.
Hence I will add we haven't spoke for ages.

Seeing Tom for the first time in Paris was a complete surprise but a lovely one.
Unexpected and made up for the disappointment of missing out on the signing.
Tom was visiting the Louvre along with the Phelps twins unfortunately they were not allowed to speak to fans instructions from Warner Brothers  but I did sneak some Photos.



My first real meet followed soon after I was lucky to have tickets via Feltbeats to attend the premiere of  The Disappeared . I was so excited because this was going to be my first real meet.
Not only did I meet Tom that night but his lovely Jade too . It was a memorable evening and even now I look back and remember when I said to Tom  "Hi I'm Tina.".  He shook my hand . The handshake was a firm one  and I didnt at the time want to wash my hand again he! he!


Six months later I was lucky to meet him again at a signing in Birmingham along with his GREAT friend Warwick Davis . Whilst waiting I was almost first in line Tom looked up and I was surprised when he nodded in recognition .
 As I reached the table he gave me his lovely smile and said  "Lovely to see you again" I  couldn't believe he remembered me he sees many people and many faces. When he saw my photo  he laughed and said "I remember that it was a good night " We were lucky to chat some more.

Tom is warm friendly lovely cute guy. I remember when I went for the photo shoot later that day . I was greeted with  "Come here you" and he put his arm around my shoulder and gave me a squeeze. 'I'll tweet you later " but I knew he wouldn't as Tom can be rather Absent minded at times but something I could never do is complain about this lovely Guy but there are a lot of jealous people who try to spoil these occassions but one thing that can't be taken is memories like this.


I have since had more meets but they can keep for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment